Friday 26 June 2009

The fourth Station- Jesus meets His Mother



I have spent the day experimenting with plaster of Paris and rubber gloves. This is my result. It is my interpretation of the fourth Station of the cross.You can see the first three below. I am quite pleased with it, although after it has had a chance to settle I am hoping to sand off some of the plaster from the smaller (Mary's) hand. . Now, shall I paint it, or leave it white??

Hattie has friends staying over tonight. We have three extras plus our own four. Hmmm, I wonder if we will get any sleep?! I did make her a birthday cake of enormous proportions, so hopefully they will be so full up they will fall straight to sleep! Now I think I must be dreaming!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are amazing! I like the contrast in the top photo between the white of the hands and the brown of the cloth. They look great white, to me, but I wonder what they'd look like painted? Maybe we'll get to see?

    ReplyDelete